At the start of the month, CareerFoundry’s very own Head of UX Design, Jeff Humble, attended UX Alive — Europe’s biggest international event on User Experience and Usability.
Some 350 attendees gathered at the Fairmont Quasar Istanbul for two full days of workshops and talks, and Jeff had some fascinating insights to share on The Future of Voice UI.
Jeff’s presentation forms part of the extensive research that went into our VUI Design Specialization Course, built in collaboration with Amazon Alexa.
The Future of Voice UI: From Mediocre to Magical
What will voice interactions look like in ten years, and what does this mean for designers? This talk deals with the rise of the voice user interface and takes a closer look at where VUI design is headed.
Watch Jeff’s talk here to discover:
- How voice technology is transforming the user experience for the visually impaired
- The user advantages of talking over typing
- How VUIs differ from touchscreens
- Why speech conveys more meaning than text
- How VUI design is making our interactions with technology more human
What You Should Do Now
- If you’d like a step-by-step intro to find out if UX design is right for you - sign up here for our free 7-day UX short course.
- If you are interested in becoming a UX Designer check out our UX design course (you'll learn the essential skills employers need).
- If you’d like to speak to an expert Career Advisor for free about how you can really get a new job in tech - connect with us here.
If you enjoyed this article then so will your friends, why not share it...