Want to know if VUI design is right for?
Curious about this course?
Contact us to find out if it’s right for you
“How would you like to get in touch?”
“I’m here to help you become a VUI designer”
Alana, Senior Career Advisor
Voice technology is transforming how we live. Are you ready to design the future?
Voice technology is evolving—and fast. With voice-activated devices moving into the mainstream, today’s designers need to be able to think beyond the screen. Built in collaboration with Amazon Alexa, our Voice User Interface Design Course teaches you everything you need to know about designing for voice. You’ll gain a solid understanding of key voice design principles while building three Amazon Alexa skills from scratch. Become the go-to person for voice design and set yourself apart as a pioneer in your field.
Voice User Interface Design in collaboration with Amazon Alexa
Transform the way people interact with technology and become the go-to person for voice design.
Before we know it, consumers will carry out lots of day-to-day transactions using voice. In order to meet consumer demand, companies will simply have to adapt to voice technology. Designers who start learning today will become in-demand experts at the forefront of this exciting tech revolution.
Voice is a brand new way of interacting with technology, and one that we believe is the future of computing. We’re excited to work with CareerFoundry to provide support specifically for UX designers, so that they can create even more engaging voice-first experiences.
Director, Amazon Alexa
What you’ll learn
Learn the fundamental principles of voice design and how to apply them to real-world projects.
You'll create voice user flows, scripts, and personas, and build 3 Alexa skills from scratch—all to be included in your professional portfolio.
Introduction to Voice Design
UX Design Principles for Voice
Why our students succeed
- The tech industry is constantly evolving, so it’s essential to keep your skillset up-to-date. Our VUI Design Course teaches you the practical skills that employers are looking for, making sure you’re ready to meet the growing demand for expert voice designers.
- You’ll receive personalized guidance and feedback from a dedicated Mentor—an expert with at least 5 years’ experience in their field. With this one-to-one mentorship, you’ll be on track for success from day one.
Our graduates now have tech jobs at companies all over the world:
- According to Comscore, by the year 2020, 50% of all user searches will be voice searches
- From hands-free texting to ordering a taxi, to activating the burglar alarm remotely—voice technology is transforming our daily lives
- There are currently over 50,000 Alexa skills available worldwide, and more than 20,000 Alexa-compatible devices—representing a huge opportunity for growth
Do I need any experience to join the course?
You should be comfortable with executing UX design tasks and concepts such as user personas, low and high-fidelity prototyping, user flows, and usability testing for visual designs.
How long does the course take?
The course is 120 hours long. We recommend that students study for approximately 15 hours per week, completing the course in 8 weeks.
What does ZFU-approved mean?
The ZFU, or Staatliche Zentralstelle für Fernunterricht, is the state body for distance learning in Germany. In order to offer our Voice User Interface Design Course publicly, it must undergo a rigorous quality assurance and certification process. On successful completion of this process, the course is assigned a unique approval number (7347419) which can be checked against a public register.
Get Course Plan
The Voice User Interface Design Course that Makes You Stand Out from the Crowd
We'll help you build a career you love
How would you like us to contact you?
Book a time to speak to a Career Advisor
Send us a message
Send us your questions and we will email you back as soon as we can.
Our Career Advisor will be in touch with you shortly.